On Monday 27 August, prior to the IVN colloquium (Internationale Vereniging voor Neerlandistiek), NL-TERM, the Dutch-Flemish association for Dutch terminology and the Dutch Terminology Service Centre (Steunpunt Nederlandstalige Terminologie) will be organising a preconference on Dutch terminology.
The purpose of this preconference is to provide insight into what Terminology actually is and how Dutch terminology can play a role in the work of extramural Dutch language specialists.
Eight speakers will discuss the relation between terminology and a number of other affiliated areas. The provisional programme (in Dutch) is as follows:
- Terminology and Knowledge (em. prof. dr. W. Martin)
- Terminology and Teaching Dutch as a Foreign Language (dr. E. Ruijsendaal)
- Terminology and Translation (prof. dr. R. Temmerman)
- Terminology and Business Dutch (prof. dr. Ph. Hiligsmann)
- Terminology and General Language (dr. C. Wermuth)
- Terminology and Neologisms (ir. J. Convents)
- The Centre for Dutch Terminology (dr. H. van der Vliet)
- NL-TERM: the Association for Dutch Terminology (dr. T. Kruyt)
Monday 27 August 2012, 13:00-15:00
University of Antwerp
Lange Sint-Annastraat 7
Promotiezaal Universiteit Antwerpen (1st floor)
Participation in this preconference is free for IVN conference participants. Non-participants pay a 10 euro fee. In both cases, registration is obligatory and can be done through the online registration form, mentioning name, position, place of work and (non-)participation in the Colloquium Neerlandicum. Participants will also receive a booklet containing the texts of the presentations.
More information can be found here (Dutch only).